1. These terms and conditions are between Simply Domestics and Homeline (‘The Agency’) and yourself, the prospective employer (‘The Employer’).
2. The Employer is liable for all traveling and incidental expenses including those relating to any interview if required.
3. The Agency operates an introduction service between clients and applicants. The fees are for introduction only.
4. Whilst the Agency takes every care in obtaining and checking references and interviewing potential applicants, the Client is strongly advised to satisfy themselves as to the suitability of the applicant. The Client shall be responsible for obtaining work and other permits, for the arrangement of medical examinations and/or investigations into the medical history of any applicant, and satisfy any medical and other requirements or qualifications required by law.
5. The Agency and its staff cannot accept responsibility for any loss, liabilities, expenses, claims of damage to the Client or their property, resulting from an introduction made through the Agency, (including any costs or expenses by the client as a result of the use by the Agency or it’s staff of gas, water, electricity or telephone services).
6. Neither the Agency or its staff accept liability for any loss or damage to the clients clothes/laundry/linen or other Apparel which have been ironed and or cleaned by the Agency.
7. The Agency fee becomes payable on confirmation of any engagement between the Client and the applicant and not on the day employment commences. The terms are net cash payable within 14 days of the invoice date, there will be a surcharge of £5 per week for each week when an invoice remains unpaid.
8. The Agency fee charged for the introduction of any applicant is applicable to one engagement only. If the client wishes to re-engage the applicant for whatever period of time, then all such subsequent bookings must be made through the Agency. The appropriate Agency fee becomes payable for each booking. Equally if a Client wishes to extend a temporary booking, the Agency will charge for the extended period of time.
9. All introductory information supplied by the Agency should be treated as confidential. The passing on of an introduction to another employer which results in an engagement renders the Client liable to payment of the Company’s fees.
10. An introduction fee is calculated in accordance with our charges in relation to any applicant engaged as a consequence of or resulting from an introduction by or through the company, even though the introduction may be made indirectly.
11. If the relevant employment terminates before the expiration of 4 weeks from the date of its commencement (or 12 weeks in the case of permanent domestics) then the company shall have the option of either introducing another applicant without the payment of a further fee or refunding to the client 30% of the fee provided that the client notifies the company in writing 48 hours after the termination of the employment and has paid the fee within 14 days of the date of invoice. This Agency does not undertake to make more than one replacement person to any family.
12. The refunds mentioned above are payable only if the Agency has received payments within 14 days of the invoice date and also if the Agency has been informed within 48 hours of the termination in writing.
13. A placement is deemed satisfactory after 4 weeks and after that period no refund will be made, but in the case of permanent domestics a placement is deemed satisfactory after 12 weeks and after that period no refund will be made.
14. Clients will be charged half the full placement fee for an agreement canceled after a firm booking.
15. No variation can be made to these terms without the written consent of the proprietor.